If you’re a first timer to a desert safari in Dubai, then this blog is perfect for you. The desert safari is known as the best tourist activity in the world, and there’s no doubt that it’s going to give you a memorable experience. But the last thing you would want is a wardrobe mishap or sunburn to ruin the day. Here we give you everything you need to know about what to wear desert safari.
Respecting Local Culture
Dubai mixes modernity with tradition effortlessly, but to keep respect for local culture, opt for knee length shorts or trousers and conservative tops.
Seasonal Based Clothing Tips:
- Spring falls from March to May in Dubai. With the climate being pleasant this time of year, you can choose breathable fabrics in cotton and linen in light colors so they reflect the light from the sun. Additionally carry a shawl or pashmina for later during the day.
- Summer starts from June and ends around September, so if you are opting for a desert safari during this season, make sure you wear loose, light-colored clothes. Fabrics that wick away sweat, along with hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen, are ideal.
- Winter season occurs from December to February. Layering is key for desert safari during this time. For example, a tee with a sweater. Also, consider a warm jacket, scarf, and maybe a beanie.
Dressing Smart: Comfortable and Cool
If you’re planning a morning desert safari Dubai, then choosing the right fabric is crucial. This is because in the morning time, the desert is known for its intense heat. Fabrics like cotton and linen can help keep you cool and comfortable.
On the contrary, if you are opting for an evening desert safari, then carry a warm sweater or jacket as the temperature can drop at night in the desert.
It’s no surprise that sunscreen makes this list, but ensure you also opt for full sleeves and trousers for additional protection. Also, to avoid sand sticking to your toes and feet, wear closed toe shoes.
Essentials for Desert Adventures
OneClickDrive is a leading marketplace with several suppliers that list their desert safari tour options. They recommend the following expert tips if you are opting for any of the below desert adventures :
- For dune bashing, ppt for practical clothing and steer clear of loose, flowing garments.
- During quad biking wear athletic gear and keep your hair secured.
- For sandboarding It’s crucial to wear shoes that cover your toes.
- When camel riding comfort should be your main focus.
- For a BBQ dinner & show choose relaxed attire, like sandals or flip-flops, for ease of sitting.
Want to Look Fashionable? Here are some tips:
- For Men: Consider a khaki linen shirt paired with comfy pants, a belt bag, and robust boots.
- For Women: A combination of wide-leg culottes, a subtle beige blouse, a birch handbag, an elegant leather belt, and white flip-flops offers both style and comfort.
And that’s your detailed guide on what to wear on a desert safari.